Friday, September 16, 2011

Persephone


A music and movement record for the classroom. I had forgotten how good the story of Persephone is. How she was kidnapped by Hades and dragged down to the underworld. How her mom Demeter holds the Olympic Games to find the fastest runner to save her. How the rescue is going well until Persephone eats three seeds of the pomegranate, so that she has to return to the underworld three months a year (I'm probably getting some of this wrong). That's a whole spectrum of emotions for me kids to process.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ben, I am Federico from Buenos Aires : ) I want to thank you for the joyful place you made here! I love the pictures and music you posted, really. Deep empathy.

    A question, could you post the Persephone version to download full? This version, with crackle and warmth feels the correct.

    My gratitude,

    Have a nice day!

    F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for listening. Side one is exactly the same, except without pauses between the different parts of the music.

    ReplyDelete